Monday, April 19, 2010

Easter Family Traditions

We spent Easter Sunday in Brenham with the Martin Family. Avery had her first Easter nest made of fresh flowers, a family tradition from when I was a little girl, filled with goodies. First we went to church and then the family came to Mom and Dad's for lunch and the annual Easter egg hunt. My grandparents started The Martin Family Easter Egg Hunt way back before I was born and we have kept it going in their absence. We all have done a pretty good job at this although I have to say it was much more fun at Grandma and Papa's house and when Grandma would forget how many eggs she actually hid. There was always one missing and somehow she always knew where it was, for the most part. I miss those days but I know our family traditions will live on. Avery hunted Easter eggs and enjoyed playing with her cousin Ethan.






























No comments: