On the 23rd, Zach, Avery, Jimmy and I loaded up the car and headed west. This was the first long road trip for Avery so we were a little worried at how long it was going to take us to get to Midland. She actually did not do too badly. We made it all the way to Ozona before we had to stop and by this time it was dark, cold and raining. We spent an hour in the parking lot at the Dairy Queen feeding and playing with her until we got back on the road. We arrived in Midland around 9:30, which was not too bad considering we left Cibolo at 3:00. When we arrived, Vickie taught Ashlee (Zach’s Cousin) and I how to crochet. We stayed up pretty late working on endless projects. Needless to say my hat is still not complete....help!
Zach, Avery and I went to the candlelight service at the Baptist Church with the Ketters (our new tradition). It was a very nice service complete with 2 baptisms. After church, we went to Grandma & Grandpa Hicks house to enjoy some tortilla soup – the family tradition. The adults had an ornament exchange and the little ones received a few gifts. Avery loved opening her presents. Zach’s grandfather dresses up as Santa every year complete with the beard, which he starts growing in mid summer and cutes Christmas morning. Avery loved her first visit with Santa aka Great Grandpa HoHo…complete with no crying. I guess next year will be the real Santa’s lap test.

Christmas Day…
In the morning we arose to the gifts from Santa placed nicely under the tree. Mimi gave Avery a couple of Christmas outfits to wear over the holidays, so she was all dressed up in her Christmas pj’s, complete with a bow!!! Can’t be in pictures without a bow…duh! We opened presents most of the morning and then had the yummy traditional Christmas morning breakfast prepared by my MIL. Biscuits and gravy and scrambled eggs with cheese…I am getting hungry just thinking about it! After breakfast we went back to Grandma & Grandpa Hicks to open presents and enjoy everyone’s company. I received a cute red purse, might I add which I stole from Callie…I am sorry love! Avery received more presents as she was already spoiled at this point. Her Great Grandmother Ann made her a beautiful blanket. The rest of the day was spent lounging around the house. That evening the Inman crew came over for carne guisada, prepared by Zach and tortilla soup, prepared by Vickie. We had a white elephant gift exchange, which was a lot of fun.


All in all we had a pretty wonderful Christmas! Oh and I almost forgot we got our Taco Villa, Jumburrito & LaBodega fix several times!!!











1 comment:
I have to admit that purse was amazingly precious!! :) I still may have to go out and get myself a cute RED purse to go with my red shoes... :) Glad we got to see you guys and maybe the next time we are both in town we can see each other a little longer.
Post a Comment