Tuesday, February 9, 2010

We miss you already!

On Friday, Zach received an unexpected assignment to spend the next 6 weeks in Page, Arizona for work. At first I thought, "that's not so bad, he will be home on weekends." I was sadly wrong! He will be working 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week! Ugh! Being the selfish person I am, I thought, "what am I going to do without him for this long there is no way I can do this on my own...who will help me with bath time, feedings, playtime." Then, he explained to me how hard it was going to be on him. Possibly missing Avery's first time to crawl, her first word and so on. At that point I realized I needed to be a strong woman for him and do everything in my power to put what I was feeling aside and focus on making sure he was okay. I have decided to turn the blog into a place for Zach to see Avery grow over the next six weeks. A lot of you may get bored with all the postings but my goal is to post at least one picture of Avery everyday from now until Zach returns. Wish us luck on getting through these next weeks without each other. We miss him already and I know he is missing his girls as well!

2 comments:

Mitzi said...

So sad for you guys. Layne and I just went through this while I was in Indiana, just without the whole child part. I know you'll be stronger in the long run. If there is anything we can do to help, just let us know. And remember, SKYPE is amazing. You feel like you're in the room together, and the program is free!

Callie & Gerod said...

We will be praying for you guys! Its so hard doing things on your own, and I know it has to be hard on him not getting to see Avery every day. Hopefully the next 6 weeks will fly by! Though it will be tough, you can definitely get through it! :)